ATPL Theory Course
National Flight Centre is authorised to provide an JAA approved modular ATPL (A) Theoretical Knowledge Course. The course is a distance-learning, self-study programme structured in two six month modules each comprising seven subjects with a total minimum study requirement of 675 hours, as per JAR-FCL
The course follows the ICARUS online learning management system designed and operated by our training partners, Aerosolutions. This learning management system utilises the Oxford series of Aviation Training Manuals created by OAT Media and progresses the student through the course covering all ATPL subjects.
A tutorial for the online system is free to view at www.aerosolutions.be Click on Training Solutions and under Pilot Training, click ATPL Question Database and Online Demo.
How much will it cost?
The modular ATPL Theoretical Knowledge Course is provided by National Flight Centre at a cost of €3,750 per student and includes;
- NFC Instructor support and guidance throughout the training course
- Oxford Aviation JAA-ATPL study manuals covering each ATPL subject.
- Interactive CD-ROM Pack containing 8 OAT Media CD-ROM's complimenting the study manuals.
- Jeppesen Student Pilot Route Manual.
- 12 months access to the ‘ICARUS' Online Computer Learning Management System providing a learning structure and objectives for each subject.
- 12 months access to the ‘ABACUS' JAA Central Question Bank.
- F.T.O. examinations in preparation for the sitting of each ATPL subject.
- Theoretical Ground School covering each subject to be undertaken including expert refresher instruction weeks to prepare to take the exams
The initial cost of the ATPL Theory Course with NFC includes 12 months access to the ICARUS learning management system which is in line with our goal of having our students complete the course and successfully sit all 14 ATPL examinations within that time frame. (Further access to the system can be made available should the need arise and this matter should be discussed with Head of Training or ATPL Administration at NFC).
The course study modules are as follow;
|| Module 2
|| Human Performance & Limitations
|| IFR Communications
|Flight Planning and Monitoring
|| VFR Communications
|| Mass and Balance
|| Aircraft General Knowledge
|| Principles of Flight
What do I need before before Applying?
Before commencing an ATPL distance learning course with National Flight Centre, the prospective student will possess a valid ICAO Private Pilot's Licence (JAR-FCL requirement) and Class 1 Medical (NFC requirement), as well as a valid e-mail address and internet access.
Copies of PPL, Class 1 Medical, a recent passport type photograph and completed Student Application Form together with payment in full for the course must be furnished to NFC prior to course commencement. All documents may be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be held on file and remain strictly confidential.
Please note : Results Disclosure Agreement must be signed by the student for submission to IAA at time of application to sit ATPL examinations in order that NFC may later access ATPL results
We also conduct modular courses for the issue of an Instrument rating and a Commercial Pilots License courses which involve fewer examinations. Contact email@example.com for pricings and further information.