Instrument Rating (IR)
An instrument rating allows you to fly in to cloud and by sole reference to instruments. Our Instrument training will prepare you for every eventuality.
What do I need before starting?
- PPL and Night rating or CPL
- 50 hours of cross-country time as pilot in command
- have passed 14 ATPL Theoretical Knowledge examinations or 7 IR examinations.
The FNPT II operated by National Flight Centre at Weston Airport is the only synthetic training device in Ireland approved by the Irish Aviation Authority for PPL˼PL Multi-Engine Instrument flight training. Training times are therefore greatly reduced and less weather dependant with NFC.
Under EASA regulations minimum flight training for the issue of a Multi-Engine Instrument Rating is 55 hours instruction of which 30 hours may be completed in the FNPT II. Priced at €170 per hour this makes the Multi-Engine Instrument rating offered by National Flight Centre exceptionally good value and less weather dependant than our competitors.
Multi-Engine Intrument Rating
Before commencing the Multi-Engine Instrument rating, you can complete our Multi-Engine Piston (MEP) class rating course. You can then combine both flight tests in to one and be issued with;
- An EASA Multi-Engine Piston Class rating
- An EASA Instrument Rating (Multi-Engine)
For information on our Single-Engine Instrument rating course contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
National Flight Centre provides an approved Modular distance learning EASA IR Theoretical Knowledge Course. This course is suitable for those who do not wish to study to ATPL or CPL level or who simply would like to add an Instrument Rating to their PPL. The course is a distance-learning self-study programme comprising seven subjects with a minimum study requirement of 200 hours ( 15 hours per week over 15 weeks approx ) The seven subjects are:
- Air Law
- Aircraft General Knowledge
- Flight Performance and Planning
- Human Performance and Limitations
- IFR Communication
- Oxford Aviation EASA-CPL˺TPL study manuals.
- Interactive CD-ROM Pack.
- Jeppesen Student pilot Route Manual.
- Online ICARUS Computer Learning Management System providing step by step learning structure and objectives for each subject.
- A.T.O. Exam Preparation under guidance of tutor prior to sitting of IR exams.